Sunday 31 March 2013

Quarterly Challenge Check-In (1)


One of my goals for 2013 is to do a quarterly update so that I don't lose track of the challenges I've signed up for. I've listed all the books I've read, but I'm really behind with reviews so only some titles link to their review.

2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: 73 books to complete
Progress: 24/73

So far I'm doing pretty well with the Bingo challenge. I've been able to count 24 of the books I've read so far this year and completed my first row.

 

2013 Outdo Yourself Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: Getting My Heartrate Up (1-5 more)
Number to beat: 115

So far I have read 30 books so I'm working towards my goal. Fingers crossed I reach it! I'd say I'm roughly on track at this point.



2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: 12 books (one per category)
Progress: 7/12 categories

I'm just going to list the first book read for each category here as they are completed to stop these posts from being unreadably long, especially as I'm counting books across challenges.

Vampires: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Werewolves/Shifters: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Fey: Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Angels/Nephilim:
Mermaids:
Dragons:
Zombies:
Demons: Blood Bound by Richelle Mead
Witches/Wizards: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Ghosts: Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
Aliens: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Other (sirens, unicorns, centaurs, time travel etc):

2013 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: Just a Drop (1-4 books)
Progress: 1/4

So far I've managed to just read (or reread in my case) Dead Until Dark but I'm looking forward to reading some more soon.


2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: A Firm Handshake (1-10 books)
Progress: 15/10

I've already completed my goal and even took part in January's mini challenge. I'm going to keep going and see if I can complete the next level up which is A Friendly Hug (11-20 books) because I'm loving working away at my TBR!

Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Into the Nightside by Simon R. Green
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Renegade by J.A. Souders
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay
One Bad Apple by Sheila Connolly
Rotten to the Core by Sheila Connolly

2013 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: Initiate (1-5 books)
Progress: 3/5

I thought I'd made zero progress with this one until I realised that magic and witchcraft has been a key part of the Bloodlines series since the beginning :) So glad to be doing so well on this challenge!

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: Snoop (6 books)
Progress: 3/6

One recommendation from a Goodreads Pick-it-for-Me Challenge and I went on a mini cozy kick meaning I'm halfway to my goal and it's only March!


Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay
One Bad Apple by Sheila Connolly
Rotten to the Core by Sheila Connolly

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013

Sign up: Here
Goal: 24 total, split over 4 levels
Progress: 5/12

I'm a little behind with this one as I've just not been reading many dystopians lately. I'm hoping to catch up and be on track before my next update at the end of June, especially as I have a few more waiting to be read.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Renegade by J.A. Souders
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Classic Double Challenge

Sign up: Here
Goal: Small (2 books/1 pair)
Progress: 2/2

I've managed to read both The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe and Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin and my comparison post (and review of Bethany Griffin's book) will be coming soon. I had so much fun I'm hoping to do another pairing before the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. So many reading challenges! There's no chance I could complete so many.
    Good luck!!

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva