Friday 8 February 2013

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon: Friday (#WWReadathon)

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon

Whenever I do a read-a-thon, I like to post daily updates which end up forming a kind of journal for that time. I'm keeping this tradition with the Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon. Each update will include something about my day and what I've been up to along with my thoughts on the books I've been reading and any challenge entries.

My Day

I've had a not hugely restful day as my sister stopped by after her mother and baby group with my niece and nephew. I'm entirely biased but I think they are the cutest kids on the planet. My niece got me to sit down before putting on her pretend glasses and reading my book to me (well, the two year old translation of my book at least lol). My nephew is 10 weeks old today and has the cutest little smile with dimples.
 
When they left I realised that a) I'm going out tomorrow and b) there's barely any music on my new MP3 which would be waaaay easier if I had any music on my laptop :( So now I'm ripping CDs and trying to remember where on earth I put some.

The Books

I'm still reading Deja Dead and I'm enjoying it more as I go. I'm getting used to the writing style and I'm finding the forensics fascinating. There's also more tension coming into the storyline which is awesome and making the book hard to put down. There's even been some action :)

I've kinda come to the conclusion that the books are very different to the show (Bones), although a friend told me today that show Tempe is supposed to be the younger book Tempe. Either way I'm thinking of them as two separate entities which means I'm not ending up confused about the differences.

Total pages read: 23

The Challenges

Today's challenge is hosted by Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment, and you can still enter here. Beckie's challenge is:
This challenge is called The Dating Game. The idea is to choose two different book characters to go on a date. Although each character must be from two totally different books or series. Example: Edward Cullen (Twilight series) and Kaylee Cavanaugh (Soul Screamers series). Once you know who you are going to choose then your next step is to tell me where they will being going on the date. Your welcome to post a image of a certain place as well. Example:

Next, I need to know what they will be doing on their date and why you think both characters would make a great couple. You are welcome to use pictures if you'd like.
Once you are completely finished you may either leave a comment below or make a blog post. Whichever works for you but be sure to leave a link to where I can find your entry.
My answer is to send Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments series on a date with Eve Rosser. I think they'd make a great couple because they are both really snarky and sarcastic so sparks would definitely fly. For their date I'd send them to San Francisco because the diversity of the city means that Jace's tattoos and Eve's goth style will immediately fit in.

Their date would be a session fencing. It definitely should have been covered by Jace's Shadowhunter training but Eve's fencing hobby has left her with some serious skills which would leave them evenly matched, allowing them to see how much they have in common and form a bond through their shared skills. After they could tour the city, each picking out landmarks to visit to show each other their differences and sample the culture.

1 comment:

  1. Great answer. Thank you playing. :)

    Good luck with the read-a-thon

    - Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva