Thursday 27 December 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Thursday


Top 10 of 2012 is a great event which is co-hosted by some awesome bloggers (Rachel from Fiktshun, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads). It's a week-long event where you can look back at the best books of 2012 and forward to the awesome books coming out in 2013 :)

Today's topic is Best Book Boyfriends of 2012. This was a tricky top ten for me as these had to come from 2012 relases I'd read...of which there are only 18 books but I managed it!

13 kelley armstrongarchangel's storm nalini singha million suns beth revis
 1. Adam Vasic in 13 by Kelley Armstrong
Adam Vasic stole my heart with his first bad boy appearance in Stolen many years ago. One of the best parts of 13 is that you got to see things from his perspective, including just how much he's in love with Savannah. He is incredibly patient and it's been great to see their relationship grow from a hopeless teen crush to full blown romance over the course of the series.

2. Jason from Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh
Jason has been in the background of the Guild Hunter books for a while so I was looking forward to his story but I never expected the combination of sweet/bad boy/tragic past. I fell for him within a couple of pages :)

3. Elder from A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Elder and Amy are very different people and their romance in A Million Suns has had to take a backseat so they can help the people aboard the Godspeed. Yet Elder still manages to put Amy first and the trust between them is incredibly sweet :)

blue-blooded vamp jaye wellsthe raven boys maggie stiefvaterbiting cold chloe neill
4. Adam from Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells
Just generally Adam is a really amazing guy. He manages to challenge Sabina to bring out her best characteristics while being incredibly supportive and loving no matter what. The fact he does all that and manages to put up with Giguhl is incredible.

5. Adam from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Screw Gansey and his "I must find the ley line" quest, the guy I liked in the Raven Boys was Adam. His homelife is beyond messed up but he doesn't use it as an excuse. He is determined to be better than his origins and always helps people out whenever he can.

6. Ethan from Biting Cold by Chloe Neill
Ethan and Merit have a lot to deal with in Biting Cold but his constant attempts to deal with the recent changes in his life, and point out to Merit how great they were as a couple gives him a really earnest quality that made me root for him. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next for him.

brownies and broomsticks bailey catesfever lauren destefanothe calling kelley armstrong
 7. Declan from Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates
Love triangles are pretty common in cozy mysteries, but in this case I'm firmly on Team Declan. He's gorgeous, a firefighter and he really helps Katie out with those little things that make a big difference - like bringing her dinner when she's too busy to go out. Such a sweetie!

8. Gabriel from Fever by Lauren DeStefano
At the end of Wither, Rhine asked Gabriel to take a lot on faith and accompany her. In Fever, that faith is tested constantly as Gabriel and Rhine run into problem after problem. Gabriel does everything in his power to keep Rhine from harm and rescues her when he can't keep her safe.

9. Rafe Martinez from The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
I fell for Rafe in The Gathering after seeing how he was with his sister and this book just made him more appealing. I'm a sucker for bad boys hiding a heart of gold and Rafe fits perfectly in that category. I can't wait to see what's next for him and Maya.

10. Dmitri from Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh
Okay so it isn't Dmitri's book, but there are some scenes from his perspective which show him with his new wife Honor which are incredibly sweet. Archangel's Storm has a pretty dark feel to it and Dmitri's scenes add a beam of light that made the book incredible.

Honourable mentions: Uncle Ben from Brownies and Broomsticks who couldn't make the main list because of his age but is so sweet with his wife and niece, and Fade from Outpost by Ann Aguirre who didn't make the list as he isn't good boyfriend material in parts of this book.

31 comments:

  1. Arrrggghhhh I forgot Dimitri from Archangel's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweetie with Hope in his scenes! I think it may even be better than their scenes in Archangel's Blade. Thanks for stopping by Lesley :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any books on your list, but after reading your reasoning behind your choices I am seriously thinking that I may have to reconsider!! Especially Archangel's Storm...I love it when there is that bad boy, good guy combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Jason and Dmitri do contrast a lot in Archangel's Storm but they are both sweeties :)

      Thanks for stopping by Danielle :)

      Delete
  3. I guess you like Adams! lol

    Great choices. I still need to read Archangel's Storm, and I can't wait to see Jason's story.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I felt so random reading back over my list and seeing three Adams. But then I can't remember reading a book with an Adam and not liking them.

      Thanks for stopping by Kate :)

      Delete
  4. great list! there are a few on here i haven't heard of, but will definitely be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i stlll need 2 read nalini singh's books and i love elder too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nalini Singh's books (I have both series lol)! Thanks for stopping by Roro :)

      Delete
  6. Hahahahaha love the "Screw Gansey" I felt the same way! Although I couldn't stand Adam either Ronan the bad boy captured my heart :)

    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best part of The Raven Boys - there are four guys to choose from! I liked Ronan too, but something about Adam caught my heart more :)

      Delete
  7. LOVE Gabriel from Fever and Elder from A Million Suns! They made my honorable mentions list! I really need to read the Chicagoland Vampires series. Ethan seems to be a hit!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan is a total sweetie when he's good, but a moron when he's failing to behave well. Let me know if you give them a try :)

      Delete
  8. I love all those Raven Boys! And definitely Gabriel from Fever! I still need to read lots of the others though. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Raven Boys are awesome aren't they! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. He is great isn't he? Thanks for stopping by Adriana!

      Delete
  10. Sadly I do not know any of these boys, but I think I will have to meet them very soon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! That's awesome! Thanks for stopping by Teresa :)

      Delete
  11. I'm only familiar with Elder from your list and I didn't like him at all. I'll have check out your other picks sometime though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? What didn't you like about him?

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  12. I do like Adam...as a person, but I adore Gansey! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Gansey's great but his quest would drive me nuts.

      Thanks for stopping by Annie :)

      Delete
  13. I haven't actually read any of those book yet, but the boys do sounds pretty awesome.
    I've really been meaning to read The Raven Boys soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by Cyn :)

      Delete
  14. I really need to read the Wither serie!! :) :) Awesome list!! :)
    Sorry for stopping by so late but I was so busy the past few days! :) Nice to be back! :)
    My Favourite book boyfriends <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great series! I hope you enjoy it, and nice to see you back Nea :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I haven't read all of these... I read Wither and I was not impressed with Gabriel, I take it that he improves in the next book. I did read The Calling and I liked Rafe and Daniel too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he was a sweetie in the first (and definitely preferable to Linden) but he really comes into his own in Fever :)

      Thanks for stopping by Liza

      Delete
  16. Okay, I've only read two of these books, but Adam and Elder are definitely amazing guys! I may have to check out some of these other books, too... color me intrigued. ;)

    Thanks for visiting by spot on the blogosphere, too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva