Friday 28 December 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Friday


Top 10 of 2012 is a great event which is co-hosted by some awesome bloggers (Rachel from Fiktshun, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads). It's a week-long event where you can look back at the best books of 2012 and forward to the awesome books coming out in 2013 :)

Today is the final day *sniff* and the topic is Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward To in 2013.

1. Horde by Ann Agguire
Enclave and Outpost were both stand out reads for me this year and I loved how the author constantly adds to the world building with clever twists. Horde is the last in the Razorlands trilogy and I'm really looking forward to it.

the madness underneath maureen johnson

2. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
I loved The Name of the Star because the Ripper storyline was particularly well done and Maureen Johnson got London right. Nothing is more irritating than seeing the city where I live butchered by a lack of research. I'm hoping this is as accurate as the last and I can't wait to see what is next for Rory.

sever lauren destefano
3. Sever by Lauren DeStefano
I loved Wither and Fever so I'm really looking forward to seeing where Rhine ends up at the end of the trilogy. But it isn't just Rhine I'm interested in: I also want Cecily to have her happily-ever-after and to find out what's happening with Rhine's brother Rowan, not to mention poor Gabriel.


the rising kelley armstrong
4. The Rising by Kelley Armstrong
Another last in the trilogy pick here and this one is the final Darkness Rising book. The previous book ended on a bit of a cliffhanger so I'm looking forward to see how it continues, and if there is a follow through with connecting these characters with the Darkest Powers characters.

dead ever after charlaine harris
5. Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris
I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse years ago, waaaaaay before True Blood came along and exploded them into popular culture. Dead Ever After is the last book and I want to know how everything is going to end. Who will Sookie be with? Eric? Bill? Alone? Someone new? What will happen to her? And what about everyone else? How's everything end for Sam? Soooooo many questions lol :)

6. The Raven Cycle #2 by Maggie Stiefvater
No title or cover as yet but I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next for Blue, Gansey and Adam. Plus Ronan - that twist at the end about Chainsaw omg! At least I know (barring Scholastic losing the plot) the cover will be pretty :)

shades of earth beth revis

7. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
One dull Friday this year I grabbed Across the Universe from my bookshelf thinking it would be a good read. I was blown away, finished the book that day and then went and bought and read A Million Suns the next day. I also preordered Shades of Earth. To say I'm really looking forward to it would be a massive understatement.


8. Unnamed Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh
I love the Psy-Changeling series so I had to include the 2013 release, even though the title and cover haven't been revealed...and nor have the characters. One thing I love about the series is that even though a different couple takes the lead in each book, the previous characters still feature and there is a great twisty-turny backstory throughout the series.

9. Unnamed Guild Hunter by Nalini Singh
Another unnamed coverless entry by Nalini Singh, but this time she's revealed that this will be a return to Elena and Raphael as lead characters (they've taken a backseat in the last two books). I adore this series and it'll be great to get back to them and see what's happening in their world.

house rules chloe neill

10. House Rules by Chloe Neill
I can't wait to see what the Cadogan vampires will get up to next, especially as Biting Cold ended in such away that things have really changed for them. This is the first of two new Chicagoland Vampires books out in 2013, with Biting Bad following in August.



Honourable mentions: Omens by Kelley Armstrong, Seawitch by Kat Richardson (I'm waiting for the paperback) and Mountain Echoes by C.E. Murphy.

omens kelley armstrongseawitch kat richardsonmountain echoes c.e. murphy

48 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to so many new books in 2013 I find it hard to narrow it down!
    But I definitely agree with you about Shades of Earth, Rising, and Sever- all fab series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled too, and then I went and read other people's lists and realised there were even more awesome books than I expected.

      Thanks for stopping by Sally :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo, definitely looking forward to The Rising and Shades of Earth. Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's a bit sad to see the trilogies ending though.

      Thanks for stopping by Kate :)

      Delete
  3. I've read up to #9 in the Sookie Stackhouse series so far. I think once this last one releases I'll read the last few. I'm really curious who she ends up with too!

    Thanks for stopping by Greeps Through the Shelves :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm up to about book 9. I'm taking part in a Sookie Stackhouse Challenge in 2013 so I'm hoping to finish up the series.

      Thanks for stopping by Jen :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I didn't realise there was another book after The Raven Boys. I would really like to know what happens to Blue, Gansey and the rest of the crew!
    Thank you for stopping by at A Whisper of Thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep The Raven Boys is going to be a quartet! I'm so excited ;)

      Thanks for stopping by Zed :)

      Delete
  5. I have Raven Cycle 2 and the next Guild Hunter on my radar, too. I love both series! I may have to add the Wither series to my pile though, since I hear good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome series! I'm totally hooked on the Guild Hunters and I'm so glad the next will be back with Elena and Raphael. I hope you enjoy Wither if you give it a try!

      Thanks for stopping by Erin :)

      Delete
  6. Ohh, Sever! I really want this one, too. And The Raven Cycle, too. I'm so curious. God, too many books. I like your picks, I should really read Enclave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! 2013 looks like it's going to be an awesome book year :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. HORDE!! Yes, this is a good pick that I don't think I included, but I'm definitely excited for.

    Omens looks fab as well... exciting to see a new series from Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I was sad that the Otherworld ended in 2012 and Darkness Rising will end in 2013, and then she announced a new series! So happy ;)

      Thanks for stopping by Ashley!

      Delete
  8. i need 2 read all nalini sighs titles lol . gr8 list and tnx 4 stopping bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! Let me know what you think if you give them a shot.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't started the Wither series or the series by Beth Revis. I'm still debating on these two. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed them so I hope you do as well if you give them a go.

      Thanks for stopping by Amy :)

      Delete
  10. I can't wait for Sever too! I can't wait to find out how that series is going to end :) Also can't wait for Shades of Earth and I love that cover! I hadn't seen the UK version yet, but I like it a LOT more than the new US covers :)

    My list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty but unfortunately it means waiting until May :( Turns out we get the good cover and the bad release date.

      Thanks for stopping by Kim :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't read any of these, but I totally love the cover of The Rising! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! The UK covers for the Darkness Rising trilogy are gorgeous.

      Thanks for stopping by Kelsey :)

      Delete
  12. Interesting list, I can see a lot of them are books in a series! Mine's kind of like that too haha.
    I like the cover of Shades of Earth.

    Here's my Top Ten at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to be more excited about series I've already started, although I'm now looking forward to some debuts thanks to other peoples lists lol!

      Thanks for stopping by Cyn :)

      Delete
  13. I still haven't gotten around to reading Fever! Or Across the Universe! I definitely have to work on this.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved both of them so I hope you enjoy them when you get to them!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Oh goodness, you just made me add a few more to my TBR pile! :) I never did get to The Name of the Star and now I want to read The Madness Underneath! And I didn't realize the 3rd in The Chemical Garden was due. I swear my 2013 mantra is "too many books, too little time..." Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandee! I think your mantra is great! There are so many great books out in 2013 that when you add them to the ones still unread from before, there's a ton :)

      Delete
  15. Good list! Thanks for checking out mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also can't wait for Shades of Earth! For Sever, I still need to read Fever but I do really curious already about how this series would end.
    Great list and thank you for visiting my list =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fever definitely changes things for Rhine so now I really want to know how it will all turn out in the end.

      Thanks for stopping by Elisa :)

      Delete
  17. I am a big Sookie fan too! But I wasnt so happy with the last book =[ I am very curious to see how the series ends though! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard the best things about the last book :( I'm about 3 or 4 books behind so I haven't read it yet. I'm a bit nervous so I'll probably wait until I have the last one before starting.

      Thanks for stopping by Teresa :)

      Delete
  18. Wow, I LOVE the cover for Sever (the covers for this series are probably my favourite all time covers), I really should get on to reading Fever so I can read the last book and see how it all ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty, although bizarrely the UK is more blue and the US is more green. Randomness lol!

      Thanks for stopping by Maria :)

      Delete
  19. Sever! I need to have that one! I really hope as the last book in the series, that it won't disappoint. Great list! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thanks for stopping by Sara :)

      Delete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my post yesterday!
    You have a lot of books there by authors I've been meaning to read (Nalini Singh, Kelley Armstrong (I know, embarrassing)) or in series I've been meaning to start, for example The Name of the Star. I finally have Wither on my shelf though and will start reading it in early January :) Oh, and I really need to read the last Sookie Stackhouse book! Still waiting for it to come out in the right edition *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up on getting the right editions for my Sookie Stackhouse books. I've got about 4 or 5 kinds because I've got a mix of the original UK, original US, TV tie in, new UK and hardcovers *grumble*

      Thanks for stopping by Carmen!

      Delete
  21. Some of these covers are so different from the US ones! We have Shades of the Earth in common :) I can't believe I forgot about the conclusion to the Southern Vampires series! Oh, and The Rising too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we can get some really different covers in the UK. Thanks for stopping by Liza :)

      Delete
  22. I'm also really excited for Sever and Shades of Earth! I just finished The Madness Underneath and it wasn't my favorite but it was definitely still a good read =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear The Madness Underneath is a good read! Thanks for stopping by Emily :)

      Delete
  23. Shades of Earth and the next Raven Cycle book are definitely top priorities for next year. Oh my word, I'm so excited to see what happens! Excellent list, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Litza :) I'm so excited for this year's books!

      Delete
  24. I still have to read Deadlocked, but Dead Ever After!!! And I'm "team" Eric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Team Eric too :) Thanks for stopping by Cayce!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva