Saturday 15 December 2012

Magnificently Magic Read-a-Thon: Saturday (#MMReadathon)


I'm aiming to post these updates every day as I find them fun to look back over after the read-a-thon has finished. They will briefly cover what I've been up to during the day (which could be just reading or could be something else entirely), the books I've been reading and any challenges available.

My Day

I didn't get much reading done as my sister dropped by for a surprise visit with my 2 year old niecelet and my 2 week old nephlet. So rather than sitting quietly with my book, I spent the day colouring Peppa Pig pictures, watching Doc McStuffin on youtube and making a sleeping baby do the YMCA. I'm posting my update a little early today as once I'm done with the twitter chat (use #MMReadathon) I'm off to bed as I'm up early tomorrow to head into the city to a workshop on the origins of Christmas :)

The Books

I started Must Love Mistletoe just before I went to bed last night and I've read an astounding three chapters lol. I'm hoping to get more read tonight before I go to sleep as so far I'm enjoying it. It's a contemporary romance where the heroine hates Christmas and she's just had to go home and save her family's Christmas themed store only to come face-to-face with the boy next door who was her first love. Each chapter begins with a little fact on the history of Christmas which is pretty cool :)

Books read today: A teeny bit of 1
Pages read today:  56

The Challenge

Today's challenge is hosted by Sheri at Shut Up and Read and you can still join in by clicking here. Sheri's challenge is to complete some quotes taken from the brilliant Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
  1. "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."
  2. “She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil's lair."
  3. "…When I saw her smile I wondered what it would be like to make her smile...I thought it would be like the discovery of smiling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva