Friday 14 December 2012

Magnificently Magic Read-a-Thon: Friday (#MMReadathon)


I'm aiming to post these updates every day as I find them fun to look back over after the read-a-thon has finished. They will briefly cover what I've been up to during the day (which could be just reading or could be something else entirely), the books I've been reading and any challenges available.

My Day

Today started earlier than I would have liked when the postman knocked with my package from Haus of Gloi (but then new Haus goodies = awesomeness!). I didn't get any reading done this morning as I had knitting group where I started a new scarf in some super smooshy alpaca wool (hence my gratuitous knitting pic). The weather has been really crappy all day with constant rain so I was really glad to spend most of the day tucked up inside in the warm.

The Books

The Christmas Cookie Club Ann PearlmanAfter I did my update here yesterday I started reading The Christmas Cookie Club. It's a story about twelve women who come together each year to exchange cookies and stories. Definitely an interesting read as each woman tells their story and it is somehow linked to the cookie they've chosen to bake (and all twelve recipes are included!). This is one of those books that may take me a while to properly review as it's told through one woman's viewpoint and I'm still not sure what I thought of that.

Must Love Mistletoe Christie Ridgway


Now I've finished that, I'm looking forward to getting suck into Must Love Mistletoe because I had a ton of fun playing around with a synopsis for Hollie's challenge yesterday and now I'd like to know what the book is really about lol :)




As I feel I'm doing pretty well with the read-a-thon so far, and because I'm saving the second story from Glad Tidings until my buddy readers catch up, I'm adding a couple of books to my goal list.

Heather Graham The Last Noel

As you can see I'm picking a couple of slightly darker reads. The Last Noel is a romantic suspense set on Christmas Eve and Plum Pudding Murder is a cozy mystery set in a cookie store around Christmas.

Books read today: 1
Pages read today:  270

The Challenge

Today's challenge is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea and you can still join in by clicking here. Vicky's challenge is to create a book spine poem which I've never done before so I was very excited to give this a try :)


In case the photo isn't clear (why do companies move the author's name around on the spine?!) my poem is:

Endlessly radiant shadows,
awakening beautiful creatures
in the forests of the night.

12 comments:

  1. I always think about joining in on read-a-thons, but then inevitably something always prevents me from actually reading during it. Oh well.

    Good luck with your reading! I hope you get many books read and have fun while doing it!

    And, I love your poem! All the books you chose go so well together! I need to try this part, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I always seem to have things pop-up when I want to be reading but I love the fun of joining in with everyone else. Plus the challenges are always a ton of fun :)

      Thanks for saying you liked my poem :) It was my first go at anything like that so I had no idea what to do at first.

      Delete
  2. Ooh your poem is so good! Really like it. The Christmas Cookie Club sounds intriguing, might have to give it a try. :-) Have fun with the rest of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Victoria :) It was a really great read! I hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon x

      Delete
  3. Love your poem!

    You're doing so good with reading. I will take a look at The Christmas Cookie Club and can't wait to see your completed scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It may take me a while to finish the scarf though as I'm terrible for starting knitting something and then getting bored and starting something else lol!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh I love your poem, its so magical and beautiful. Completely opposite to my attempt. heh. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a ton of fun to figure out :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! I love your poem. I think this is my favourite so far. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky :) And thank you for hosting the challenge!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva