Thursday 20 December 2012

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013



The Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013 is being hosted by Ula @ Blog of Erised. This challenge is to read 24 dystopian books in 2013 which works out as an average of two a month but can be split up and scheduled as you like.

Now I usually stay away from genre specific challenges with a set number of books, but I started thinking about the dystopians I have on my shelf and then I had a look on Goodreads. Turns out 24 dystopians is a pretty do-able number, and I'm already planning on re-reading several dystopians as the final book in each trilogy is released (Wither & Fever, Across the Universe & A Million Suns). 

 Rules

  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
  • Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
  • All formats allowed.
  • Rereads allowed.
  • It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-alone book.
  • If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.
  • If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 20, 2013.
  • You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want (you can read more than 24!) and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!
  • Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2013.

Levels

Level 1: Recruit (1 to 6 books)
Level 2: Rebel (7 to 12 books)
Level 3: Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)
Level 4: Leader (19+ books)

Each time you reach a new level, you will receive a badge and at the end of the year there will be a giveaway! :)
 
If you also love dystopians, click here to sign up.

4 comments:

  1. Heck yes! I'm so happy to see you among the participants :) I'm joining this challenge as well - I've at least 10 books I want to read so I might as well give it a go. It'll be fun! *whispers* See you on Twitter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm really looking forward to it :) Give me a shout if you do join in and we can cheer each other on :)

      See you on Twitter x

      Delete
    2. I will! I already have a photo of some of the books I'm going to read but it was on my laptop :( Which is still being repaired. I'll post a sign up thing soon, though.

      Looking forward to it! :D x

      Delete
    3. I hope your laptop is fixed soon! I'll keep an eye out for your sign up post :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva