The 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge is being hosted by Megan @ Megan Likes Books and Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads and it focuses on reading the different sub-genres of paranormal books. The goal over the year is to read one book for each featured creature: vampires; werewolves/shifters; fey; angels/nephilim; mermaids; dragons; zombies; demons; witches/wizards; ghosts; aliens; and other (sirens, unicorns, centaurs, time travel etc).
I love paranormal books and having this challenge focused on the creatures means that you can pick any kind of paranormal book and have it count. YA, paranormal romance, urban fantasy even paranormal cozy mysteries will work :)
Below are the rules copied from Auntie Spinelli Reads:
- This challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
- You must have a blog to able to participate, since reviews must be added to the linky.
- When you sign up with the linky, please put the link to your post about joining the Paranormal Reading Challenge.
- You're welcome to list your books beforehand or just add as you go.
- Sign-ups are open until December 1, 2013
- At the beginning of each month, I will post a kick-start post, each month featuring a different category of paranormal creature. This post will also include a linky to include your reviews from that month.
- Each review you link will qualify you for an entry into the monthy giveaway and if your review includes the feature paranormal creature of that month, you get a bonus entry.
- Each book can only count for one category, even if it contains more than one paranormal creature. For example, Twilight contains both vampires and werewolves, but you can't use it for both the vampires and werewolves/shifters categories.
- Everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into a grand prize giveaway at the end of the year.
- If you read multiple books from one category, feel free to add them to the linkies. Don't stop at just one!
- Book can count for other challenges.
- January - Vampires
- February - Angels/Nephilim
- March - Fey
- April - Demons
- May - Aliens
- June - Zombies
- July - Witches and Wizards
- August - Mermaids
- September - Dragons
- October - Ghosts
- November - Werewolves/Shape-shifters
- December - Other