Saturday 22 December 2012

2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


The Book Vixen is hosting the 2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge which challenges you to read more books in 2013 than you did in 2012. So far I've read 110 books this year and I'd love to beat that next year.

Rules:

  • Runs January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen's blog.
  • The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2013 than you did in 2012. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you'd like but no moving down.
  • Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
  • Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.

Levels:

Getting my heart rate up: Read 1-5 more books
Out of breath: Read 6-10 more books
Breaking a sweat: Read 11-15 more books
I'm on fire! - Read 16+ more books

I'm aiming for the getting my heart rate up level, but as I've mentioned before with other challenges I may level up as I go (although any levelling up here will likely be quite late in the year). If you want to outdo yourself in 2013, click here to sign up :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

    Ive joined this challenge also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's great to see so many people joining in :)

      Delete
  2. 110 books? Holy cow, you rock :) I only read about 60 or 70 I think. Best of luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your challenges ;)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a challenge I can get behind. I can read whatever I want; I just need to read more books next year than I did this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just what I thought! Plus even one more book completes the challenge :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for participating! Good luck reaching your reading goals :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva