2013 Book Bingo is a really creative challenge being hosted by Anne @ Creativity's Corner and Kristilyn @ Reading in Winter. It works in a similar way to playing bingo and gives a really wide selection of categories - books from your TBR pile, books that are part of a series, books released in 2013, books everyone but you has read and re-reads.
Here's the scorecard:
Below are the rules copied across from Kristilyn's blog:
RulesOf course, a challenge isn’t really a challenge unless there are some rules and guidelines:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post.
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARE isn’t really a free square. In order to cross it off, you must read a book by either:
- Reading a book picked by another participant, or
- Reading a book in a genre picked by another participant.
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2013.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #2013BookBingo on Twitter!
If you think this sounds like fun and want to join in too, click here to sign up.