Sunday 20 May 2012

My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy

Title: My Way to Hell
Author: Dakota Cassidy
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
ISBN: 978-0-425-23443-3
Pages: 323
Series: Hell #2
Type: Adult Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased
Goodreads


Marcella Acosta managed to do the one thing forbidden to demons - she defied Lucifer and ended up banished to limbo, a boring shop-free zone which she refers to as Plane Drab. Marcella stood against Lucifer to save her friend Delaney, so when she finds her now ghostly self summoned back to earth by Delaney's brother Kellen all she wants to do is check in on her friend. But Delaney has other ideas and ropes Marcella in to help Kellen with his newfound mediumship abilities. Marcella and Kellen have always clashed, but they're about to discover that beneath the surface they aren't that incompatible after all.

I recently read and enjoyed Kiss & Hell so I was really looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint. If anything I actually enjoyed this more than its predecessor. Marcella and Kellen are more fun than Delaney and Clyde, and the love/hate banter they have throughout the book is hilarious. Marcella is adjusting to being a ghost after being a reluctant demon, and finally all the hints about how someone who would sacrifice themselves for a friend in the last book could end up as a demon are revealed. I also liked how the attraction/repulsion between Marcella and Kellen was carried forward from Kiss & Hell.

The supporting characters are great and become key to the storyline very quickly. Delaney and Clyde return with small roles, as do Mrs Ramirez and Delaney's ghost dog Darwin. Mrs Ramirez's grandson Carlos is a big part of the book as a young medium who is being tormented by demons. I actually liked how this storyline was played out alongside the romance as it really gives the book depth. The storyline also moves a bit faster (though still at quite a leisurely pace) because of this. There's also a new reluctant demon Catalina, who I would love to see in her own book.

The only thing that bugged me a little about the book is that I figured out the connection between Marcella and Carlos quite early on, but I didn't figure out the specifics so I was still a little surprised.

All in all, this is a fun and highly recommended read.

Plot: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Ending: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Cover: 10/10

Overall: 49/50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva