Friday 18 May 2012

Kiss & Hell by Dakota Cassidy

Title: Kiss & Hell
Author: Dakota Cassidy
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
ISBN: 978-0-425-22785-5
Pages: 339
Series: Hell #1
Type: Adult Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased
Goodreads
Delaney Markham is a medium who has turned into a hermit because, well, who actually wants to be friends with someone who thinks they can talk to the dead. She makes ends meet by holding the occasional seance, and it's during one of these that an incredibly annoying ghost appears...and refuses to leave. Turns out this guy Clyde isn't just a ghost, he's actually a trainee demon who has been sent to bring Delaney down to hell for Lucifer. But if Clyde and Lucifer think Delaney is going down with out a fight, they have another thing coming.

This is one of those books that sat on my TBR for ages before I got round to reading it. It wasn't because I wasn't interested in doing so, I just kept getting distracted. I've now finally read it and I have to say I loved it. I'm a big fan of Dakota Cassidy's Accidentally Paranormal series (starting with The Accidental Werewolf) and I love her snarky self-aware style. This is exactly what I was expecting - funny, sweet, romantic and a major page turner.

Delaney is hilarious - from her super-healthy lifestyle to her Ghost Whisperer obsession to her collection of random disabled dogs. I liked her from the start, and her spunky attitude meant I kept liking her throughout the book. Clyde, although I don't really like the name, is a great guy. He seems a little cookie cutter at first - the hot geek, who has no idea how hot he is - but that's literally only for a page or two. He quickly develops into an all around awesome guy: romantic, understanding of Delaney's medium skills and very sweet.

The supporting characters - Delaney's brother Kellen and her demonic best bud Marcella are the leads in the follow up book My Way to Hell. I'm thrilled and can't wait to read it as these two really stood out for me here. As bad as it may sound, I also want to know what happens next with Lucifer as he really comes across as a bit of a maniacal drama queen.

The plot is develops gradually, which isn't a bad thing as it allows the characters to fully develop and so the storyline doesn't take big jumps. The ending is awesome, really bringing the whole book together. The only story threads not completed are those of Kellen and Marcella, but I'm guessing they'll be tied up in the next book.

All in all, this is an awesome funny paranormal romance and I can't wait to read My Way to Hell.

Plot: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Ending: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Cover: 10/10

Overall: 48/50

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series for ages because it just looks like fun but I haven't been able to get my hands on book #1. Thanks to your review I really need to make a point to order it or something, lol.

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really fun series. I hope you can track down a copy :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva