Thursday 22 September 2011

Booking Through Thursday (5)


Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?

And, do you ever try to hide the covers?

I almost always have at least one book on me when I'm out and about. I don't tend to hide the covers though. Once a guy walked the length of a train carriage to try to read the back of my copy of Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton, so I do occasionally pick strange titles just to see what people will do...like What do you say to a Naked Elf? by Cheryl Sterling (which is a great read!). And it's impossible to forget all the commuters attempting to hide their Harry Potters with a paper :)

However, there are covers out there that I would be embarrased to be seen reading, like this for example. I have the first book in the series, and I'm now putting off reading it because I really don't like this cover. It's just too much and I do not want to have to explain what I'm reading on the bus, especially if there are people with kids.

4 comments:

  1. Only when traveling.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's hilarious that you take books just for the shock value of their covers!! I'd love to see the faces of the people when they see the title!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of thos covers are pretty strange. I can see that that one would shock. People can be so small-minded.
    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys!

    @Vicki - my Mum just raised an eyebrow, but my Dad almost fainted over What do you Say to a Naked Elf? I love seeing people's reactions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva