Thursday 1 September 2011

Booking Through Thursday (2)



While my town dries out of record-setting, epic flooding from Hurricane Irene, let me ask you:

What’s your book with weather events? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Blizzards? Real? Fiction? Doesn’t matter … weather comes up a lot in books, so there’s got to be a favorite somewhere, huh?



The first books that come into my mind whenever anyone talks about weather has to be Rachel Caine's amazing Weather Warden series. Starting with Ill Wind they are great urban fantasy novels about people who can literally control the weather. It's now complete, but worth a read for any urban fantasy fan.





In terms of the weather I like...I love storms and snow. Basically give me any weather that requires bundling up under snuggly layers, preferably with a book, and I'm happy. I even love those weird overcast grey days :) In my books I don't really notice weather much, but I love a stranded-by-snow story like Get a Clue.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun series :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read on rainy days and snowy days, too! I love the title Get a Clue (that is our logo for our book).

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet! Looks good though!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you're not the only one that's thought about this series. I haven't read it yet, might get around to i later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, give me any type of storm, and I will be cuddled up with a blanket and a good book. Thanks for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried and tried to post - having such a problem! I am the same way with weather, a blankie and a book! Get A Clue sounds awesome.
    http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting guys. It was great reading your BTTs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I read and cherish every comment, and always try to comment back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamor Amour by Irene Alexeeva